Friday, January 7, 2011

Food Friday

Well, I barely made it but here I am at 10:00 making the Food Friday post. I feel like I've done a million different things to do. Women are so good at that, aren't we? A few of things I did today: I went to two planning meetings; did the radio show; shopped for shoes, a shirt, ties and a belt with my boy; went to a basketball game and on a dinner date with my husband. Oh, y'all, I've just got to tell you what a sweet man I'm married to. Tonight when he came in after work he walked right up to me and said "I'm taking you out tonight because it is a very special occasion. It is the 27th anniversary of our first date." Oh, my heart. He remembered.

This recipe is from the What's for Supper? segment for today. Today on the show we were discussing our new governor's inaugural and I said that his first action as governor of our state should be to declare this as the Official Dessert of Georgia. And by the way, if it comes that snow and ice storm on Monday that they are predicting and I don't get to go to Atlanta for the Inaugural Gala, I'm gonna be disappointed . . big time. I've even got a new "ballgown" to wear. And since I paid a whole $32 for it at the Belks it would be a HUGE loss not to wear it to this big shindig. By "ballgown" I'm talking about a dress that is only slightly dressier than something I would wear to church. Being the guru of fashion that I am officially unqualified to be, I can hardly wait to see what everyone is wearing to this thing. I'll give a full report next week. I may even sneak my camera out of my pocketbook. It will be like a bad episode of "What Not To Wear."

Okay, okay. Get to the point. It's late and I'm obviously rambling.

Pecan Pie Trifle
Ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 ½ cups whipping cream
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
1 2 lb. frozen pecan pie, thawed and cubed
Hot fudge ice cream topping, heated
Caramel ice cream topping, heated
Directions:
1. Beat cream cheese, whipping cream and vanilla in a large bowl at medium speed for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and firm. Set aside.
2. Fill the bottom of the trifle bowl with 1/3 pecan pie cubes. (If you are using mini-trifle bowls you will get about 5 servings. You can also use wine glasses for smaller servings).
3. Spread a layer of the ½ cream cheese mixture over pie cubes and drizzle with ½ hot fudge topping and ½ caramel sauce. Repeat layers. Top with pecan pie cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment