Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Top Ten Things to Do on a Snow Day

1. Read, of course, by the fire.
2. Cook. I made about four different dishes yesterday and what a treat for my family.
3. Play cards and games. We played Uno yesterday but we are breaking out Battleship, Clue and Trouble today.
4. Do laundry. I am completely caught up on all of our laundry and that is a great feeling.
5. Play in the snow. We got out yesterday and built a snow man. We can't find our sled so G was pretty disappointed about that but I told him that there's always the cookie sheet method. He was not persuaded.
6. Watch HGTV and the Food Network. If it weren't for these two channels, daytime television wouldn't be worth watching. So thankfully there is House Hunters, Color Splash, Paula, Sandra and Rachel to keep me good company on a cold day.
7. Drink hot chocolate and spiced tea. We have kept a cup of one or the other in our hands at all times.
8. Start that organization project. Maybe.
9. Really talk to my family. There's nothing like being in the house together to cause you to have some really good conversations, and we have. I read this quote yesterday, "God gives you a time out from life sometimes, it's called a snow day."
10. Be reminded of God's goodness: I also read yesterday that snow is the reminder that someday we'll be cloaked with robes of white.
"After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:
“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

Revelation 7:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment