Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Memory Verse #2

As you might remember, I am participating in the Scripture memory challenge on Beth Moore's website. So, if you don't mind, I am going to use the blog as a way of holding myself accountable. Which I know is kinda of strange . . . using the internet as one of your accountability partners. Who would have thunk such a thing back in the day?

Anyway, each 1st and 15th of the month, I will be writing my memory verses here. This is totally for my benefit and you can feel free to sign off now if you want to. No hurt feelings here but in my humble opinion, it might do us all some good to read the Holy Scripture.

Verse 1: "Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord not for man." Colossians 3:23. (NIV)

Verse 2: "Therefore, I urge you, brothers (sisters), in view of God's mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship." Romans 12:1

Have a great weekend!

EDITED to add: I was just reading some verses in The Message. And oh my word, y'all have just got to here this. I LOVE this so much.

Psalm 1:1-3
"How well God must like you— you don't hang out at Sin Saloon, you don't slink along Dead-End Road, you don't go to Smart-Mouth College.
Instead you thrill to God's Word,
you chew on Scripture day and night.
You're a tree replanted in Eden,
bearing fresh fruit every month,
Never dropping a leaf,
always in blossom."


Nope - I'll try really hard not to hang out at Sin Saloon or go to Smart-Mouth College. Oh wait, I definitely took some classes there so I better go chew on me some Scripture!

No comments:

Post a Comment