Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Highs and Lows

This week, so far, has been a series of highs and lows. Monday found me first at a low - at a funeral for a friend's mother. The reason this stung so deep was because exactly 15 years ago on this day I was at another funeral - my dads. I just really couldn't think about that as I was sitting in the chapel but trust me when I say, some things just don't leave you. That's one of them.

Thankfully, as soon as I left the funeral, I got on the road to Roswell to meet one of our brides. She was trying on wedding dresses. I got to be there. Be still my heart. It was a major highlight to be sure. Her mother and I are friends from Bible study and to say that I was honored to be a part of this well, that's an understatement. When she came out in that first dress, I thought I would just lose it. One reason for that is because this is the same bridal shop where my very own girl tried on dresses and found her "yes" dress. Another reason is because this bride was absolutely stunning in every gown she put on. She had a tough decision in front of her. But she finally narrowed it down to just two dresses and we deliberated over that, weighing the pros and cons of each, until she picked one - my personal favorite. But I told her that fact only after she had made the decision. I sure didn't want to be one of those over-bearing, pushing friends/wedding planners who thinks she knows it all. I do know that this groom is going to practically faint when he sees her. He is absolutely crazy about her and this will sure enough send him over the edge. I can't wait to see it!

Tuesday morning was filled with a shift at the hospital and Tuesday afternoon with Mother's long list of errands. Now, remember that she hadn't been out of the house for almost nine days and we had a very long list indeed. But she's a trooper (and so was I for that matter); we completed that list in record time.

Today, we'll it's just 1:30 and I feel like I've already done a full day's work. Hair cut. Check. Bridal Show planning meeting. Check. Bride meeting with photographer. Check. Lunch with my boy. Check. Now I'm preparing for another bride and photographer meeting. Oh, I love what I do so much.

You probably won't hear much from me for a few days as I am heading down to Jackson, GA to hang out with some very cool ladies from all over the state. The Georgia Baptist Convention's Women's Ministry Team is having a retreat down that way and I've been asked to speak to them. Lord have a mercy, me speak to them? But God called and I answered. I'd appreciate your prayers for this venture. I rely greatly on God and His power to calm my nerves and speak what He would have me to say. And I'll just tell you He doesn't disappoint. He is faithful.

After I speak on Friday, I'll leave Jackson and head to Birmingham. Guess what I'm going to attend? A Food Blog Conference!!! Who knew there was even such a thing!! I bet y'all didn't know I was writing a food blog as well, did you? Well, technically I haven't started yet. Thus the reason for going to this conference. This food blog will link to J and J Foods' website and will coordinate with the What's for Supper? segment. I will blog about food, recipes, entertaining and the whatnot. But while I know some about blogging, this is a whole new ballgame. This requires that I be like professional and all. While this blog is fascinating :), it's certainly anything but professional.

So happy weekend to you! I'll see you on the other side of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment