Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!!

You know, I think “resolutions” just set you up for failure. Maybe it is all in the semantics, but I really like to make “goals” for a new year. And not ones that are completely unreachable like to become a size 4 by Valentine’s Day or memorize the book of Psalms. That’s clearly not happening. But I firmly believe if we don’t have goals, we won’t have that ever-present mindset of things we want to accomplish in our lifetimes. I believe I need to be constantly working on becoming a better me; to not get complacent or unintentional about things in my life that would better my mind, body, soul and relationships.

So, I’m going to put myself out there and share with you what I have in my personal journal for 2011.
1. Spiritual goals:
a. Siesta Scripture Memory - 2 verses per month. This is a Scripture memory program through Beth Moore’s blog. I’m signing up today. If anyone wants to join me on this journey, I’d be glad for you to come along.
b. To read my new Chronological Bible through in one year. I have an accountability buddy for this venture so that will definitely better my chances of accomplishing this goal.
2. Physical goals.
a. Losing weight is a constant goal.
b. Exercise. I completed two 5Ks last year which was a first for me. I want to do three this year. I have an accountability partner for this one as well which would be my husband. He is an inspiration to me.
3. Relationship goals. These are very personal. Trust me that I have them.
4. Work goals.
a. WEC: To provide the very best service we possibly can to those who entrust us with their wedding. E and I dreamed when we first began our business of having 12 weddings a year. We have already booked five for 2011. Praise! I’m believing we can accomplish our original goal this year.
b. The “What’s for Supper?” segment . There are lots of possibilities stewing around the pot with this. There are two things specifically that will very likely happen this year and wow, it’s going to be fun.
5. Time management goals. Maybe you don’t struggle with this but I sure do. I know I need the following in some very specific areas.
a. Disciple.
b. Structure.
6. Bucket list goals. You know I’ve been so blessed in my life to do some really cool things but one thing I want to do this year: go on a mission trip. Praying diligently about this.
7. Reading goals. Read two books a month. Do you know that while George W. Bush was President of the United States he entered into a reading contest with one of his top staff members? George read 95 books while his friend read 110 - in ONE year. All while being the Commander and Chief of the free world. Okay, I guess I can read 24.
I just signed up for Good Reads, an online book management site. If I can remember to record when I finish a book, at the end of the year the list will show my accomplishments.
8. Home goals. To organize and de-clutter one room in my house a month.
9. Volunteer goals. I am the Board President for the Gainesville Care Center this year and I have some ideas that will hopefully raise some much needed funds for an extremely worthy organization. Praying for clarity and specific direction here.
10. Relaxation goals. Now that may sound funny to some but I’ve discovered in my family that if I’m not intentional about setting aside specific times for us to get away, that my special someone will just work and work all the time. So, as we begin 2011 we already have some weeks marked off the calendar for rest, relaxation and travel.

So, today I'm wishing you and yours a most blessed and rewarding 2011!

"You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance." Psalm 65:11 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment