Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Top Ten Cookbooks!

Seems like everything I do, I do in list form. So I just thought I would begin creating lists of some of my favorite things. Today's Topic: Cookbooks.

I LOVE to read cookbooks and these just happen to be my absolute favorites:

1. Perennials - The Junior League of Hall County. This cookbook is splattered and dog-eared. Some of these recipes I know from memory. One of the best cookbooks - ever.
2. The Pine Crest Baptist Church Cookbook. I'm not sure how old this cookbook is but I married it 26 1/2 years ago. It is held together by a binder clip right now. It's a diamond in the rough.
3. Masterpieces from our Kitchen - Gainesville Newcomers Club.
4. A Taste of Grace - Grace Episcopal Church
5. Lady and Sons I and II - Paula Deen. These are Paula's first two cookbooks, I think. They both, along with the Lady and Sons Just Desserts cookbook, are a stand-by in my kitchen.
6. The Blue Willow Inn Cookbook - from the Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle.
7. The Southern Plate by Christy Jordan. I just got this cookbook and love it! Christy, who is a young mom from Northern Alabama, learned to cook at the hand of her mom and grandmother, both good 'ole Southern cooks.
8. Beyond the Hedges - Junior League of Athens. E and N got me this cookbook for Christmas and I can't seem to put it down. I can hardly wait to try Katharyn Richt's recipe for manicotti - maybe next week.
9. The Best of Southern Living - 500 of their very best. This was a wedding gift for a certain young couple but somehow this book has never made it to their house. I really should buy one for myself.
10. Family Favorites - by my very own Mother-in-love. A couple of years ago she wrote her favorite recipes, in her own handwriting, for each of her grandchildren. Well, E did take this one with her when she set up housekeeping but since G has not, well . . . I'm hanging on to it for dear life.

I also love anything that Gooseberry Patch publishes as well as the Fix and Forget It series. What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment