Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Sunday Ramble

A sunny Sunday - super glorious and much appreciated. Both of my men folk are gone and I'm having a big dilemma as to whether to start on a new book I downloaded to my Kindle yesterday or go to the Target. As you can see, it's a quandary. I have not been to Target in well over a month so I'm really itching to see all the new wonderful merchandise that I'm sure is sitting on their shelves. I actually have a list of things that I need at the Target: a new coffee pot (mine died an untimely death just when I needed her most last weekend); a non-metal whisk (I can't stand to use my metal whisk on a metal pan - yuck); a new OXO measuring cup (I ruined mine melting butter in it, apparently that's a no-no); and a heavy-duty Dutch oven (because I want one). All fascinating items, you see. But honestly, I guess I lead a simple life - some of my most leisurely moments have been found on the aisles of Target. Rows and rows of things you didn't even know you needed. And I'm thinking I need the exercise. I'm sure I would work off more calories "walking" at the Target than sitting on my sofa reading.

Actually, I'm positive I need the exercise because all I've done this weekend is eat good stuff. Our Friday night dinner with friends was beyond delightful. The company was great and the food was amazing. We ate at Piazzas and every bite was a treat for the taste buds. I can hardly wait to go back. Then last night we celebrated family birthdays at the Red Lobster and came back to our house for dessert. I made Buckeye Brownies, a Sour Cream Pound Cake and a Banana Pudding Cheesecake. The cheesecake is low-fat and honestly, quite delicious. So now you can see why I need to go burn some calories. So in the interest of my health, I'm gone to Target. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment